OCALA CIVIC THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP
Application DEADLINE is 5:30 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2018. The scholarship is open only to Marion County students MAJORING in the performing arts. If the scholarship is awarded, it will be paid directly to the college the applicant is attending by or around June 30, 2018.
All applications must be COMPLETE, with signature, and include a short essay (minimum of 700 words), as described on the application form, and at least two (2) but no more than three (3) letters of reference. Reference letters must cover the applicant’s activities during the preceding 15 months.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
All applicants will receive, and must attend, an audition/interview at Ocala Civic Theatre on Saturday, May 19, 2018. Applicants will be notified by phone or e-mail, during the week prior to the audition/interview, of the time they should arrive at the Theatre. If, for any reason, an applicant cannot be contacted during that week for an audition/interview time, then the applicant should arrive at the Theatre at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
Applicants are responsible for bringing the following to their audition/interview, based on the field in which they are applying for scholarship:
• Acting. One or more memorized monologues, with a total length not to exceed five minutes.
• Play Writing. Portfolio, scrapbook or other examples of their previous work.
• Directing. Portfolio, scrapbook or other examples of their previous work.
• Technical. Portfolio, scrapbook or other examples of their previous work.
• Music (Voice). Any accompanying music (instrumental only) and a source for playing the music (e.g., CD or DVD player, etc.). If the applicant is planning to have live accompaniment, it is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for that person and notify the Theatre that a piano is needed.
• Music (Instrumental). One or more memorized selections, with a total length not to exceed five minutes, and instrument to be used in the audition (an electric piano will be available for those wishing to use a piano).
• Dance. Any accompanying music and a source for playing the music (e.g., CD or DVD player, etc.).
Each audition/interview will last approximately 30 minutes. Scholarships awarded will be a minimum of $500.00 each. The number of scholarships awarded varies each year.