Countdown to our Summer Camp Expo!
Don’t miss this entertaining and informative event! Click logo below for more information
1. View Summer Brochure and Print Registration Form
View the list of classes in the Shine with Theatre Summer 2018 Brochure.
Then either mail, fax or bring the registration form to the theatre.
2. Register and Pay for Classes Online
After you’ve reviewed the Summer 2018 Brochure, you can register right here online through our Online Payment Portal.
• The proposition that the best way for young people to understand and appreciate the theatre arts is through direct participation.
• Professionally directed, interactive, hands-on programs that celebrate young people’s spirit, creativity and fresh perspective.
• Developing life skills in children through participation in performing arts.
• Providing creative outlets, structure and discipline for young people to progress in the theatre arts.
• Reaching young people who do not have regular opportunities to appreciate theatre in their lives because of economic, cultural or physical barriers.
• Primary classes (Grades Pre-K to 2nd): Develops self-confidence and socialization skills in a comfortable setting, using story dramatization, music, art activities and movement.
• Elementary classes (Grades 3rd – 5th): Encourages creative thinking by exploring character, voice, movement and improvisation as well as provide training opportunities in the basic skills of performing musical theatre.
• Middle and High School classes (Grades 6th – 12th): Builds on basic acting and musical theatre performance principles while incorporating more advanced skills, including character development, script analysis and scene study. At this level, students are also offered the opportunity to learn and develop technical and non-performance theatre skills, such as sound, lighting, construction and stage management.
• All our education programs are designed to complement and build on each other, allowing young people to continue exploring with us, no matter what their age or experience level.
The Education Program also provides opportunities for adult students to further develop their performance and technical skills while building an appreciation of the commitments made by those artists who participate in productions. As opportunities arise, guest directors, designers, artists and other theatre professionals will conduct adult workshops that focus on specific areas of performance and technical training. Throughout the season Adult Education Programs also conduct audition preparation sessions which include tips on cold reading and audition material selection as well as an in-depth analysis of the plots and characters of particular shows and opportunities to develop and strengthen audition skills.